I got Lucky

This is true... He is mine, but for a short time, as Sammi is on his travels. I actually forget that I have got Lucky. He is such a quiet dog that I even go walking off and then realise that he is sniffing around in the hedgerow a long way back. I have even been cycling with him. He lollops along at a leisurely pace and frankly behaves like a tart when people pay him attention. So I am lucky that I have a dog around and I am doubly lucky that he is so good.


Lucky doesn't feel so lucky. I took him away from the pub before Sammi left for his adventures and twice he has popped round to look for him. So I know that for Lucky things could be a bit better. At least he has been treated to a nice juicy knuckle bone to gnaw on so not all is lost. 


As you know, saying that I got lucky has got two meanings and as some of my friends well know small things with words set me off on creative paths that probably leave normal people cold. For example,  in this part of the UK there are some very strange place names. Near Buckingham is a small village called Preston Bisset. I personally think this would be a good name for a private eye in a 1920s whodunit. I can imagine a slightly quirky man with a small moustache, monocle and brylcreemed hair driving around the country lanes in a coupe. Naturally he would have a plummy accent - he couldn't have anything else with a name like Preston. There is a really good nursery garden at Preston Bisset and each time I go I expect to bump into him.

As for me, I'd like to demonstrate what a loving Grandma I am. The other day while Sammi was fixing the trailer to the back of his bike, Ezra-Mae played in my courtyard garden dipping a paintbrush in water and then soil. She painted everything with mud including herself. She needed a good hose down before I applied sunscreen so that is what I did. I got the garden hose with spray gun attached and hosed her bare bod. Once she was mud-free, I dressed her and told her to keep her hands up. Each time she lowered them I told her, "hands up"... She duly obliged. So eventually when Sammi had finally sorted out the bike, my relatively clean grand daughter set off for her adventure in the trailer. Loving Grandma... so apt, don't you think?

I am lucky. My world is a wonderful place. My days are full of joy, mostly and I have so much to look forward to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Beautiful Land

Beautiful Stony Stratford  There really is no better place than Britain when the sun is shining. This year I appreciate it more than ever ...