Neat

The Horse Tunnel


I hate shopping! I can think of almost nothing worse than traipsing around shops to find just the thing I thought I wanted. It seems to me to be a great waste of time. So, it doesn’t surprise me the ire I have felt not being able to buy “Neat” refills for my eco-friendly, multi-surface cleaner. I bought the starter pack months ago and really loved the stuff. It doesn’t irritate my skin or make me sneeze – what is there not to like? 

Tesco had loads of the stuff. Now it doesn’t have any. I even tried buying it on “click and collect”. The website said I could get money off until the 17th September with my club card. Yippee! I thought. I picked up my shopping from the van outside Tesco in Wolverton and there was no “Neat” in my trolley. I asked in store. No Neat! I have been looking for the stuff for about a month now. 

At one time I could have bought “Neat” products for nearly every bit of my home, now they are nowhere to be seen. I have sent off to the company for 10 refills which will probably last me for life. It was the only way to get what I wanted. This is an inflation beating way to shop. I shall bequeath the remaining to my children. I just have to remember where I store them at home so that I don’t think I have run out. At one point I had three bottles of mouthwash as I forgot I had already had plenty already. And there was me thinking I am organised! 

Meanwhile, it wouldn’t be me if I didn’t comment on the weather. It dropped 15c over two days and then it stayed really cold so I stowed my summer T-shirts and put my dresses at the back of the wardrobe. Now the sun is shining once again. We just can’t tell how the weather will be any more. 

 Recently the Horse Tunnel by my house flooded from the rain. The watermark was hip level. What remained of the flood was slippery sludge. Where did all that come from in the space of a few hours rain? I have been inspired by Colin, my neighbour who spent hours on a Saturday afternoon dredging the tunnel and clearing up the mess with a bucket, spade and brush. What a wonderful act of kindness for the village. Thank you, Colin. If only I had the wherewithal to clean it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Neat

The Horse Tunnel I hate shopping! I can think of almost nothing worse than traipsing around shops to find just the thing I thought I wanted....