Happy Easter

 

My eggs, collected over a lifetime

It is barely believable that we are already celebrating Easter when Christmas seems so recent. Where does the time go? The weather is generally getting warmer but remains stubbornly damp. While this means that my garden looks lush and colourful, it would be nice to go out without anticipating rain. I have seen a few cartoons alluding to daylight saving time equalling less rain! I know I am not the only one to wish for drier times.

I finally bought  new pair of tennis shoes. It has only taken me three months to find a ladies' pair in my size. I wore them for the first time on Sunday and fell over. I have got so used to having no grip under foot I literally fell over because the shoes stayed firmly fixed to the court and I moved! I even have a blister from running around in new shoes. errr.

There was a short spell of dry weather long enough for me to paint the railings on my balcony. I now need to wax the wood and paint the gate to the courtyard. Those never-ending jobs line themselves up for dry weather days, should we have them - hey ho.


I have spent time with Ezra-Mae this last week. This mostly involves following her around and feeding her. I crocheted an Easter basket and filled it with raffia and eggs for Ezra-Mae. I gave them to her and then told her not to eat them all at once. I don't think she listened too closely to that advice. This is the first year she fully understands that this time of year means an almost unlimited supply of chocolate. Apparently, Easter eggs are signicantly more expensive this year - not just eggs. Everything seems to go up each time I go shopping. Life over here is scary!
Ezra-Mae felted tipped her face. Just another conversation topic. People thought she was bruised. 

I bought a laptop to do my editing on just before Christmas and already it is back with the manufacturer. The webcam is faulty and it will take a month to fix. Ridiculous. Asus has joned my ever- lengthening list of companies I refuse to use ever again!

I am also irritated with Boots the Chemist. A long time ago now I was offered a free blood pressure check up. I was give three options for times. Two were on 29th March and one was on 30th. I chose 6:30pm on 29th knowing it was Good Friday. I then received two sms reminders and three email reminders. They clearly thought that as an old dear I would forget. Well, surpirse, surprise! I turned up for my appointment and everything was shut. This was probably a way to check how high my blood pressure could rise. I then phoned three times on 30th... No answer. Each time I tried immediately after the phone stopped ringing it became engaged. Odd that! Be warned Boots - I am followng this up. You have also joined the list of crappy companies that perform well under par. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Beautiful Land

Beautiful Stony Stratford  There really is no better place than Britain when the sun is shining. This year I appreciate it more than ever ...