Named!

Mattaya

At nearly two weeks old our latest addition to the family has a name – Mattaya Gillian Hilda Mead. Danielle and Richard have dug into family names to create this and it is rather nice. At one point I was worried I would have a Disney princess for a granddaughter. Mostly I am glad that I can call her more than “baby” or “It”.

Ascott House

The grounds

While Danielle and Richard were stewing over a name, I have been out and about in the summer sun. Jeff from Malaysia came to stay for a few days. We did the touristy bits round my area. Not normally on most people’s tourist trail, we did the orchard. He had no choice but to come down to lend a hand apple picking. Then he had no choice but to chop up a barrel load of apples in preparation for cider making. He will not be around for the tasting – sorry Jeff! He is probably already sending warning messages out to tell people that a visit to my place means work, walking and possibly having to watch tennis too.

On a gloriously sunny day we did the National Trust property, Ascott House, near Wing. Obviously, I had driven past so many times but I had never been to view it. It really is a little gem that was once in the hands of the De Rothschilds’. Unlike most NT properties, you could imagine living in it. It was quite cosy. From the gardens you could see the lion too.

The weekend was a blur. The Cosgrove Canal Festival was heaving. Main Street in my village was chokka with traffic and the canal tow path was busier than Oxford Street. So busy that I had to weave my bike round people to get to Wolverton.

The Brave Maruders with Busker Bernard and their Ghost Ship- unseen

Setting up

At the Wolverton Community Orchard, we held the Summer Celebration. Besides the beer and burgers, teas and homemade cakes we had singing pirates, crafts and all the usual gumph. The good weather and company made it special. Ezra-Mae loves these occasions – don’t we all!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Neat

The Horse Tunnel I hate shopping! I can think of almost nothing worse than traipsing around shops to find just the thing I thought I wanted....